Online dating is no more a teen bastion, aged people are also logging on to dating sites to find attractive dates.
Since the first days of the Internet, online dating has been a popular way of striking a relationship with unknown individuals through e-mails and dating personals. In fact the so-called ' Blind Date ' got a new dimension in the cyber-dating scenario. With the passage of time this trend of online dating got only bigger, more popular and diversified. In fact online dating is now categorized in all possible ways. The followings are some of the popular dating types -
Religious Dating sites - These sites are dedicated for the people of specific religions. Most popular among them are the Christian dating services, Jewish dating sites, and so on.
Ethnic - These sites are based on the ethnic groups like the African American, Latino, Jewish, Asian, Indian.
Hobby - These dating sites provide links to people with the same hobbies or interest like photography, traveling, snow skiing and parasailing etc.
Seniors - Senior dating sites are aimed at the older age group.
Geographic - These dating sites provide search options according to the geographic location of the member.
According to a study conducted by the Online Publishers Association (OPA) and comScore Networks, U.S. residents spent $469.5 million on online dating and dating personals in 2004 and that is supposed to be the largest segment of "paid content" on the web. This only proves the popularity of the online dating sites and there are some reasons behind this prolific rise in the number of people registering with the online dating sites. The followings are some of the factors those are instrumental for the growing popularity of online dating.
- Online dating sites give the opportunity to meet more people than one would have met otherwise.
- A member can browse the profile of the person before asking him or her for a date.
- You can communicate with many members without revealing your identity.
- With online dating you can make friends irrespective of the geographical locations.
- Online dating services are relatively less expensive solution for meeting new people.
But the online dating is not bed of roses all the way, there are some disadvantages of the online dating as well. Followings are some of the most prominent disadvantages of online dating.
- The person you are interacting with can deliberately misrepresent himself or herself.
- In some cases people especially women have been the victim of abuse though the e-mails.
- The most deadly and talked about disadvantage is the chance of being trapped by scammers.
In this scenario, it is important that you take proper care while choosing an online dating site or dating personal, a prospective date and during the whole process. If you think that religious sites like Christian dating services and Jewish dating sites and senior dating sites are relatively safer then you are completely wrong. Studies have found out that these Christian dating services, Jewish dating services and senior dating services are deliberately targeted by scammers because people visiting these sites have a notion that these are safer sites and they are quite reluctant about the safety measures. To help you in this context, we are presenting with some tips for safe online dating.
- Select a reputed online dating service provider that is in the business for quite sometime.
- Select a site that will let you browse through profiles before you join them.
- Have a clear idea of the services and extent of the free services that are offered.
- Do not disclose your identity or any personal information. while interacting with the members of the sites.
- It is better to choose a site that has separate e-mail and messaging service.
- Do not send money by whatever means to any member of any dating site.
These are some of the basic rules that you should maintain while using any online dating service and with advanced search facilities it is quite likely that you will meet your dream date very soon and therefore, we are presenting some of the useful tips for your first date.
- Always meet at a safe public space.
- Make sure that at least one of the friends or family members knows where you are going.
- Always have the options ready to leave the place in your own capacity. That is, take your car.
- Go on the first date in daytime and when you are comfortable.
- If you are going to meet the person to another city or state or country always arrange your own accommodation at a reputed hotel and try to keep the information a secret with your dating partner.
Be patient with your online dating endeavors, play it safe to ensure
hassle free and happy experience.
How did you like this article? Send us your comments now.